A few weeks ago I was contacted by Sarah, who asked for some advice for her indoor “mystic forest” wedding. She’ll be getting married in January and an outdoor wedding isn’t an option, so her forest-themed ceremony and reception will be taking place at an indoor venue—specifically a theater.
- Centerpieces consist of soft candles, fake branches, and some faux greenery draped elegantly or placed inside a natural pot/basket. Place cards and glassware are kept simple. (x)
- Instead of bridesmaids carrying bouquets, they carry something more iconic, such as these rustic lanterns. (x)
- Candles and evergreen branches are strategically placed along tables to create a warm, Northern feeling. (x)
- A white cake accented with white roses and subtle green leaves to stand out against the dark of the evergreen and espresso color palette. (x)
- Live trees can be rented from local nurseries to adorn the altar/ceremony space and bring the outdoors inside. (x)
- Rings presented on a bed of moss. (x)
- A pure white wedding bouquet accented with natural greens. (x)
- Battery-powered LED lights placed inside of jars and other containers to create a “fairy light effect.” (x)
- The dessert table is decorated with more greens, as well as vintage items like bird cages, keys, or old books to add touches of whimsy. (x)
- Instead of traditional bunting, hanging vines and other greenery are strung across the reception space or even woven around banisters and railings. (x)
If you have a request for an inspiration board (whether it be for a themed wedding, a specific element like place settings, bridal fashion, or whatever strikes your fancy), let me know by leaving a comment or using the Contact form!